Three weeks ago, you saw our thoughts on the Hellcat phenomenon. Well now Dodge has unleashed the a new configurator so you can build your own Challenger Hellcat. This is the best look we have gotten at pricing for the new 707 horsepower beast, and as we assumed, it’s around $60K. That’s a hell of a deal.
You get a pretty solid look at what comes standard with a Hellcat. Other than paint, interior colors, and some other basics, there isn’t much to change. Some of they key standard features:
- 20-Inch x 9.5-Inch Matte Black Forged Aluminum Wheels
- 275/40ZR20 All Season Performance Tires
- 6.2L Supercharged HEMI® V8 – SRT Hellcat Engine
- Nappa Leather/Alcantara Trimmed Bucket Seats
- 6-Speed Manual TREMEC Transmission (automatic costs more, skip)
- SRT® Tuned Bilstein® 3-Mode Active Suspension
- Functional Hood Scoop
- Brembo® 6-Piston High-Performance Brakes with ABS
And a WHOLE bunch of luxury features that likely add a LOT of weight. Seriously, a lot. I’m hoping Dodge releases a lighter track focused version. I know it’s a boat, but it could be a lighter boat without all of the standard luxury items on board. Hellcat ACR perhaps?
Image Credit: Dodge
The only option we added was $500 for the Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl Exterior Paint which looks pretty evil. Toss in the $2100 Gas Guzzler Tax and you’re paying $61,490 for this Hellcat. They have a nice little calculator on there with a very tempting lease payment in the mid $500 range, assuming you’re willing to pony up 10% to the dealer when you sign the papers. I’m curious to see what actual dealer prices look like, will we see crazy mark-ups we say with the Viper? In case the Hellcat is too big and lumbering for you, you can pick one of those up with a $15,000 discount!